Sunday, January 13, 2013

Book Review: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire





 

Title: Beuatiful Disaster
Author: Jamie McGuire
Released: 26th May 2011
Published by: Simon & Schuster UK
Genre: New Adult

                     Goodreads Description:

Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.


My Rating:
 
 
5 SASSY TRAVALICIOUS BOOKS! ;-)
 
 
My Review: Oh, my! (excuse language) This book was fricken BRILLIANT!!!! I think that pretty much sums up my whole review LOL! I loved this book that much that writing this review is the hardest thing to do, I have no idea where to start...... Okay, let me give it a shot....
 
McGuire doesn't waste anytime, she throws you right into the action. She has a wonderfully unique way with her words, each page brings you more and more to the edge of your seat.
I started reading at 10pm, thought I'd read a chapter or two before bed, but I became that ADDICTED I didn't close the book till around 2am. It killed me to do it too lol!
 
Abby and Travis, now that's a love story! Their relationship isn't perfect, they go through so much grief. Don't get me wrong they have their happy moments and believe me they're happy moments *wink* but the emotions flowing through them flows out of the pages and seeps into the reader. This story pulls on your heart-stings. 
I had ups and downs, Abby did get on my nerves a bit with her actions and words. Travis...nah, besides his few flaws he's perfect. The change he makes for Abby is just, wow! There is quite a bit of violence in the story, Travis being a fighter, it's to be expected. He's the HOT bad boy that kicks ass!! Each character brings their own awesomeness to the story, some more than others. ;-) 
 
Writing all this makes me want to read it all again, lol!
 
If you're looking for something that will stay with you long after the last page has been read and the book is closed, than I highly recommend giving this book a go.
 

 
 





HAPPY READING!!! Also, Renee and I would like to wish you all (sorry it's a little late) a HAPPY NEW YEAR and may your 2013 bring you many more books!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favourite books ever! I have read it about 5 times and usualy i never reread books! Its just that good :)

    Laura @Bookish Treasures blog

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear what you our followers think, thank you for your wonderful comments. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...